Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

My Rock, My Love

And so the journey begins.  

I have a strange sense of calm about life at the moment.  I think it is because I was able to face all of the possibilities (the good and the bad) that can come from such an event with the one that I love.  He really is my rock in life.  Simply getting to spend a few days with him made all of this seem a tad bit easier, but alas, it is just the beginning.  

The trick, as I see it, it to stay positive and realistic as the same time.  I see how easy it is to become disillusioned in either direction.  You have to have faith that what ever happens is according to God's plan and be ready for whatever that is.  Past that, you have to keep busy.  For me that includes spending a lot of time with God, taking care of our family and home, and continuing to make our business a success, and finding positive, creative outlets.  It is simply staying busy. 

A little something I came up with on the plane home.  Hope you enjoy.




 I Will Wait For You

As I look out of this plane window
I see the lights of the anonymous city below
The yellow sheen breaks through the cloud bank
Like some long lost civilization beneath the wave break.
In the dark I see the steel bird’s shadow.

As I sit here we lie in the garden green
The wind pulls fragrance to us from the dancing trees
An August sunset we stand before our family, our friends
Two become one, always and forever, until eternity ends.
In the dark I relive the start of our legacy.

As I think over the hours just passed
Each memory speaks of our love destined long to last
I still hear the wind dance around us lost in your embrace
I still hear the ocean sing to us in rhythms, you kiss my face  
In the dark your love traces the distance vast.

As I see the ground come in to view
All I can think of is the perfect life created by two
About to be tested by time and the strife of a distant land
And all I can think of is how lucky I am to be loved by such a man
In the dark, my rock, my love, I will wait for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment